Although the third film in Christopher Nolan’s Bat-saga is more than a year away, there is a lot of important information that should be interesting about the movie.
I will continue to add more news as soon as it is confirmed via updates.
- The movie will be released July 20th, 2012
- The title is now “The Dark Knight Rises”, this title tells us the obvious fact that Batman will have to rise from beneath the scourge that surrounds his name and will have to redeem himself in some form or another
- Chris Nolan as previously stated is still the Co-Writer and Director of the movie, and once again wrote the script with his brother Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer
- Most of the actors and actresses will be returning. Christian Bale will return to play Bruce Wayne/Batman, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman will all be returning to play Commissioner Jim Gordon, Wayne’s butler Alfred, and CEO of Wayne Enterprises Lucious Fox
- Many new actors have signed on to play several important characters. Tom Hardy( best known to mainstream audiences for his role in “Inception” as Eames) has signed on to play a main antagonist known as Bane, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (also known for his role in “Inception” where he played Arthur) is signed on to play crime boss Alberto Falcone the son of “Batman Begins” villan, Carmine Falcone, and Anne Hathaway is signed on to play a possible, but not yet confirmed, villan as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
- Hanz Zimmer will continue to compose the soundtrack
- Any one who has read any Batman comic books or knows anything about the Batman canon, knows that Bane is one of Batman’s most formidable opponents. In the comics, Bane is one of the strongest of Batmans villans, for he is powered by the extremely effective, steroid-like drug called venom. Bane is not only an imposing physical threat but he is also a strategic mastermind. Bane will most likely be the main enemy of last chapter of the trilogy
- In a Warner Bros. press conference, Christopher Nolan announced that Anne Hathaway would be playing Selina Kyle. This does not in any means state that she will be playing Kyle’s alter ego, Catwoman. Never the less, Selina Kyle will play a big part in the film.
- There are many rumors that the League of Shawdows, which was introduced in “Batman Begins”, would return in “The Dark Knight Rises” and would be led by the daughter of Ras al Ghul(played by Liam Neeson in Begins), Talia al Ghul who would be seeking revenge on Batman and looking to finish the job her father started. This is all just speculation at this point
- Nolan Has confirmed that the Riddler and Robin are not appearing in the movie (thank god)
- It is rumored that Marion Cotillard has also been cast to play Talia al Ghul
- It is safe to assume that Batman will probably have a new suit, batmobile, batcave, along with a Wayne Manor that has been rebuilt, and rumor has it that a new aerial vehicle will also be in the film